Thursday, November 09, 2006

Tylenol Cold Nighttime Dream

So It started out with me watching some sort of chick flick where Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker were at their wedding, obviously getting married. I started out within the movie, from the viewpoint of Matthew Broderick. Occassionally it would change to a viewpoint of watching it while lying very slovenly on a couch. I had a bowl of some sort of snack - popcorn? m&m's? lying on my stomach that I was casually eating. Matthew and Sarah's wedding ended and then later on in the movie, they got a divorce and SJP was talking to some friend of hers in the movie. She said something like "You see, our relationship could be defined like this situation that would always happen. Every day as he was leaving for work, I would hand him an apple." (vision of her handing him a green apple, him smiling on the television). "And he would take the apple, but he never wanted the apple in the first place. We both knew this, but kept up the charade anyway."

I yelled to my dad in the other room, "Dad, I'm watching this chick flick and I just heard this, tell me if it makes any sense to you? '[repeat of what SJP just said on movie]'"
Dad responds (out of view), "What? Alyson I can't hear you, I'm in the other room."
I shrugged it off and began to trance out to the commercials that were playing on the TV. They were pervasive in my vision, taking up the whole of all I could see, though I knew I was simply watching the television. (Ie: I could not see my nose or hair, it was simply the images from the screen). They were very colorful, but chaotically so. The images looked drawn by a child, scribbled harshly with jagged edges. It wasn't animated, per se, but it looked drawn. Also, the "people" were represented by circular shapes with arms and legs and a face on the circle. The next commercial then evolved from the circular shaped jagged lines and all that to "Mr. Saturn" men much more smoothly drawn - to the point where they looked realistic. There was a little family of them standing together and I said, "Aww cute! a sitcom with Mr. Saturn men!!"

So then I was in a department store just cruisin' looking at all the cool clothes and shopping. Eventually I see Sarah Jessica Parker in the shop and say hello all nonchalant. She and I start talking and she begins flirting with me hardcore. Next thing I know, we're at the same chapel that she and Matthew were in to get married...and she and I are getting married. My internal dialogue, which often can be seperate from my dream providing "commentary" said "Wait, Women can't get married to each other, that's not legal yet in many places...oh well." Besides my internal commentary being mostly apathetic, my dream self was very excited to be getting married to Sarah Jessica Parker.

The memories are fuzzy at this point, but SJP and I had gotten a divorce. I end up at some random place just milling about again. I think it was a horse ranch of some kind. There I met Dakota Fanning and she and I hit it off and we really liked each other. I end up proposing to her at the end of the portion of this dream, and end up being engaged and planning my wedding to Dakota Fanning.

Yeah....wtf...I'm not even Bisexual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home