Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A bit of lucidity

I'm doing better at remembering my dreams again lately, and last night it paid off for just a moment or two. I don't remember the time of night, but I was walking about in a dream and I woke myself up halfway because I could hear myself talking out loud and I felt as if my arms were flailing about (depending on what I was doing in the dream prior to that point).

I realized I was in a dream as I walked around this corner of a doorway and saw someone sort of opening a fridge and getting something out of it. The image froze and I could feel myself waking up, so I forced myself as best I could to stay dreaming. The image of the person getting into the fridge changed to simply the person (I think it was my brother) standing there, staring blankly into space. I wasn't sure what to do at this point since I was still struggling to simply stay asleep and in the dream. Just for fun, I tried to change the person to someone else entirely. This sort of weird morphing action took place and the change was successful, but then I woke up completely right afterwards.

I did have a very detailed dream after that point, which I will breifly outline.

It was set in olde-English times and everyone was dressed accordingly. I was taking care of my sisters, I think one was a sick Megan who didn't really look like Megan, and the other was a much younger girl of eight or nine. We were waiting in line through this large mansion, taking a tour through it and waiting for some big suprise at the end. I got this horrible premonition through the middle of the dream and started hustling my sisters through the crowd back outside. I didn't want to scare them so I didn't tell them, but I knew the large mansion was going to be demolished with all of us inside of it. There was a horrible feeling of suspense as we tried to get through the crowd to make it outside. We made it, and we just caught a good place to take cover when the house started blowing apart and crumbling. My sisters were crying and scared and I was trying to cover and protect them as best I could. I told them to hang tight and ran to grab a stray taxi-carriage that had no driver. I knew I was stealing it, but I didn't care-I had to get my sisters to safety.

I remember getting them into the carriage and taking up the drivers' seat and rushing away from the home, but at this point the dream changed into simply me driving the carriage about in old-english areas. I was still running from something, but it wasn't specified at this point. I turned into a very tight alleyway and kept getting nervous about falling off the carriage's drivers' seat because the alley kept turning into rough terrain. First it was train tracks we were navigating over (in an alley way??! hahah). Then, there were stairs, up and down stairs that the horse had to navigate and that the large wheels of the carriage had to hobble over.

I had been talking to the horse to keep it going along, and it had become a sort of pet of mine at this point, despite being stolen at the beginning. We finally got out of the alleyway and I got to get down off the carriage. I started leading the horse by it's bridle and stopped to carress its face next to a shopping cart-kiosk thing. The horse then transformed into a tall black man, that looked suspiciously like the artist Busta-Rhymes. His hair was done up in corn-rows (sp?) but he had little pink hair clips and things like you would see a little three year old girl wearing. He started hitting on me/teasing me and pulling more little hair clips out of buckets on the kiosk, trying to put them in my hair. I was blushing and pushing his hands away, saying I was taken already. My internal commentary at this point began wondering where the hell he came from, and why he just transformed out of a horse.

Then, my alarm went off and I got up to get ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home