Sunday, February 14, 2016

Dream the night of 2/13/16

I was moving into a new place to live. It was an interesting older home. I had a pet bird that I had forgotten about. The cage was discovered piled up behind boxes and other things that were just moved from our old home. I pulled the cockatiel out of the cage, but it wouldn't perch on my finger, I just had to hold it, as it was clearly dying.

It morphed into a docile pet rat. I was delighted to remember my now full cage of pet rats. They were varying sizes and were colored like guinea pigs. A tiny white one with large black spots, a very large (cat sized) dark brown one, a black, peanut butter, and white one (like Guinea was). And a few more.

I had two cages that I moved them into in the new home. Both cages were thick black wire, but standard wiring for a rodent pet cage (it had just a few decorate elements, as they tend to). There were several doors on both cages, but each door was a square of thick Plexiglas that slid into place to close the opening. I had to rush to close each one as all the rats kept escaping. I was laughing and enjoying myself as I found and returned each escapee back to his or her cage only to find another one escaping out of an open door that I didn't notice before.

Finally, all were secure except for the large cat-sized brown rat. I grabbed him (her?) in my arms and held him like I originally held the bird and like I usually hold Jennie, like an infant cradled in my arms. I wasn't sure if the creature was okay at first, but then I was overcome with maternal feelings and soon, the rat turned into a baby.

The baby's complexion switched rapidly, as if my mind couldn't make a final decision. It didn't matter, and in the dream I knew it didn't matter. I was still wrapped in joy and love for this child. I cradled him or her and showered him with kisses. It was a boy. He grew to baby-size and I held him out in front of me and swirled around in joy, laughing and chirping at him with coos.

The baby was confused, and ultimately non-responsive, as though it were a doll coming to life. Just as it began looking around and identifying its surroundings, I made a comment to the both of us that we were going to find Greg to share this joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home